We got to take our first family trip with Hudson last month! Brandon's family had planned a trip to San Diego earlier in the year, but we hadn't planned to go because we weren't sure what life would be like with Hudson…Read More
I feel like it has been a minute since I've put together a travel post! We hadn't gone on a trip since October, and it was so nice to get out and go somewhere different! Brandon left late Monday night to go to California for work, and...Read More
Let's be honest, one of the best parts about Disneyland and Disney World is the food. There are so many great choices for meals and drinks, but when it comes to snacks, Disney always outdoes itself. We have a few snacks that we get every single time we go to the park: a Mickey ice cream bar, a Mickey Pretzel, a dole whip, and a churro. And we usually get popcorn too, because no matter how hard we try to resist, those dang carts basically throw the smell of buttery-goodness at our heads and it's really hard to ignore.
I had a fun new shirt to wear to Disney this last time, and I felt like I needed to actually live up to what I was advertising. My goal was to eat as many Mickey-Shaped foods as I could find in one day. I'm sure I missed a few, but I went with what I could find! If you know of any other Mickey-shaped foods, let me know!
I know what you're thinking. Didn't they just go in January? Don't those people go to Disney enough? To answer your questions: yes, and no. Definitely no to the second one. We go a lot, but did you see the article about the guy who has gone every day for like the last 2,000 days? That would be the life. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but Brandon and I have done Disney enough times that we have the packing part down. We haven't done Disney in the summer for a few years now, and I was really excited to be able to pack summer clothes! It's supposed to be 86-88 degrees the whole time we are there, so it will be perfect. There are so many different ways to do Disney, and packing will ultimately come down to your preferences. We prefer to kind of go all out, as you can see in the pictures below, but it doesn't have to be that way! Here is a rough list to get you started.
- Matching shirts. Okay, not really a requirement, but mostly they are just really fun. We bought two new shirts for this trip, and have a couple other sets. Sadly, I couldn't find links for the I'll Be Your Mickey / I'll Be Your Minnie shirts on Disney's site. If they are posted again, I'll add the links below!
- Light-weight shirts. Orlando gets hot, especially when you are walking around in the sun all day, so dress appropriately! You don't want to be miserable in the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Shorts. My personal preference is one for every two days we are there. It's hot, and I don't want to be re-wearing sweaty shorts too much! I usually wear pants on the plane, that way I have a pair just in case I need them, but for the most part, you'll want shorts!
- Sunscreen!! Especially for your little ones.
- Comfy shoes. A lot of people prefer to take a good pair of tennis shoes, I prefer to take my vans (honesty they are more worn in than my athletic shoes haha) Whatever works for you!
- Sandals. Whether they are for the park or pool, take a pair of sandals. My feet get tired of being enclosed all the time, and I'd rather be barefoot anyway, so sandals are a nice break from my sneakers.
- Swimsuit! For all those midday breaks you might need.
- Appropriate head attire. Take a hat if you'd like, or pick up a seat of ears when you get to the park!
- Backpack or cinchy bag. We always carry water with us, and occasionally bring jackets, just in case. There are lockers for rent if you don't want to carry everything.
- Ponchos (or an umbrella). We prefer ponchos, just because they are a little bit easier to navigate the crowds with. We bought Mickey ponchos in the park a few years ago, but you can always pick up a pack for cheap at your local grocery store!
- A water bottle. We generally buy a cold Dasani at the start of every day, and refill it as we go, but you can always bring your own bottle to save on that cost. With the heat and how much walking you'll do, be sure to stay hydrated!
- Camera (the one on your phone will work!) You'll want to capture all the memories and magic, so be prepared with a camera!
What are some of your Disney must-haves? You can shop our goodies below. Happy packing!
Before we went to Disneyland in January, I knew that certain aspects of the trip were going to be a little difficult/sad. We announced our pregnancy to my family at Disneyland last year in March, and the one thing I remember most prominently is standing teary eyed on a corner near city hall as we shared our wonderful news. That corner was the one thing I knew I really wanted to avoid.
In the days leading up to our trip, Brandon told me that he bought me a gift, and that it should be at our house before we left. We checked the mail right before we left, and it wasn't there. He was so sad, because he had double checked with the seller that it would be here on time, and it still wasn't. He ended up telling me what it was, and even though I didn't have it, I still thought about it all weekend, and it was just as special.
The gift wasn't just for Disneyland, even though it is Disney themed. We have taken it with us when we've driven somewhere for a weekend, and it's with us now (yes, as you are reading this) as we sit on the airplane heading somewhere exciting.
This little pin is one of the many ways we get to take Carter with us on trips, even though he isn't here. It's perfect, since we go to Disney for vacation so often, but I love that we have it to take with us everywhere else. We didn't know that an airplane themed nursery would be so perfect, but I love knowing that wherever we go, he's up there in his little plane, following us around the world.