Sometimes I really dislike feeling so connected to my phone all the time, but social media has done some pretty neat things for us since we lost Carter. I have been able to connect with a lot of other angel moms, and have felt so much love and support from friends and strangers near and far.
That being said, I've had quite a few new people visit the blog. I feel like probably the only things they know about me are that I have the best husband, lost my son, and love Disney. While all three are true (and honestly probably the most important pieces of my life) I thought I'd share a little bit more about myself! So here we go!
- I really am married to the greatest man. He is the best husband, son, and dad I could ever ask to have in my life, and I'm constantly trying to figure out ways to repay him for all the kindness and love he's given me in the past six years.
- We have one perfect little angel baby, Carter Mckay, that we love very much, even though our time on earth with him was way, way too short.
- We are parents to two fur babies, Sophie and Milo (and honestly I would totally take them to work with me if I could, that's how much I love them).
- Traveling is our favorite past time. A lot of our trips involve Disney (land or world, and even Disneyland Paris one time!), but we love to get outside of our normal day to day routine and see different sides of each other.
- Second to traveling is eating. Pizza, ice cream, and Costa Vida are our favorites.
- I love to read and write! Young Adult novels are my favorite to read (and consequently, write), and I am working on my second novel.
- I hate surprises. Or least, I hate knowing about them. When Brandon tells me that he has bought me something, but I have to wait for it, I'm the worst. I'll pester him endlessly until he either gives in and tells me, or the thing finally shows up. I guess mostly I hate patience. I don't have any, and I don't like trying to.
- For some random reason, Brandon and I both have a soft spot in our heart for North Carolina. I loved it just from reading Nicholas Sparks books, but when we went for vacation one summer, we fell in love.
- I enjoy trivia and trivia game shows. I'm awful at it, but I think it's so fun.
- Maybe I just like puzzles in general? In college, I used to do the Sudoku in the school paper every Monday/Wednesday/Friday. One time, some kid tapped me on the shoulder and told me that he and his friends had been racing against me and trying to beat me for weeks, and asked how I was so fast! Haha. It is probably one of my very favorite stories I have, and I always forget about it.
Maybe that was some fun insight for some people? I feel kind of dumb doing it, like I'm a big deal or something, but I genuinely appreciate everyone that reads the blog, and just want to connect with you more! Happy Wednesday!
**shout out to Sugar Rush Photography for the great pics of us at someone else's wedding!